Carmanian parallels.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 18:22:01 +1200 (NZST)

Keith Nellist:

>I think of the Carmanians as Ottoman empire types, simply because of their
>brutal military history, their conquoring of Greek types (the Pelandans) and
>also because I think that they wear huge big turbans. I don't know if this
>makes Takenegi a Young Turk or not.

The Carmanians in the time of Sheng Seleris were producing red-black pottery and can be expected to have other greek parallels. The best analogy for them is Asiatic Greek fusion states of Seleucus, Bactria and Halicarnassus IMO. Interestingly this also gibes with the Russian parallel as they are also heavily influenced by the Byzantines. Takenegi was not a Young Turk as such as he was not associated with the Carmanians to the extent that Magnificus was.