err?

From: joelsona_at_superman.cig.mot.com
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 10:02:31 -0500

>Wondering why MacBeth figures so often on this Digest

Because he is an ideal archetype for a Bad Orlanthi King.

     This doesn't track. What did MacBeth do that was wrong? Yes, yes, I know he killed the King who was his guest, (and the King's guards, who were innocent). But I see this as just another Orlthani power-play.

     He did not frame Malcolm or Donalbane, they framed themselves when they got scared and fled. Where is the proof that MacBeth _ruled_ badly? When Malcolm invaded to get his throne back, he had to have help from the English (Percy, Duke of Northumberland). If MacBeth was so bad, why didn't anyone besides MacDuff leap to Malcolm's side? If MacBeth was so bad, the English assistance shouldn't have been necessary...

     I apologize for the non-gloranthan content.

          Andrew Joelson
          GC IV Conpendium, USA