Ygg's Islanders and Three Words.

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1980 18:06:49 +0000

After the kind pointing of a helping finger I went and had a look at the article about the Ygg's Islanders and the Wolf Pirates in ToTRN 10 and I agree that it has been throughly (although not displeasingly) Gregged from the descriptio of them as simple 'Orlanthi' in the Genertela book.

I think they look to me like a place where we can use the 'Vikings' material just as Vormain is somewhere we can use 'Land of Ninja'.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Harrek managed to recite his descent from Ygg when he took over the Wolf Pirates. Any guesses as to how he did it/what that implies?

And a thought that strikes me when I read that Greg said 'there are fewer gods than people think' is a candidate for the Great Secret, that there's

Only One God.

(thus putting it in the traditional three words)

(If I actually guess the Secret here will Greg or Sandy tell me? )
- --
Michael Cule