Re: Multi-species initiation?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 03:56:42 +0100 (BST)

Jane Williams confesses:
> But, two of them want to be ducks and the rest want to be human. So
> I need a mixed human/duck clan. Tricky!

Oh no, Howard the Duck fans! Fun for cover!

This is playing a little fast and loose, but why not set it in one of the damper Lismelder clans, and have the "ducklings" be adoptees, fosterees (was that a word, before now?), or if that's too much to take, then friendly outsiders.

> Or any ideas how initiation as a citizen works?

For the Orlanth cult, not unlike the tribal initiation, but (yet more) "desanctified". None of the real risk, and hence, rather less "reward". City cults are likely to be structured on a more "Lightbinger" basis, and may have some notion of multiple levels in the same cults, PIMO.

Into "city" cults, I'm yet less sure of. A bit like becoming a USAn, maybe? ;-)

Not now, and nor have I ever been...

Slainte,
Alex.