Malkioni Theorising

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 16:03:42 +1200 (NZST)

Nils Weinander:

Me>>The Malkioni do know of States of Existance outside the
>>Cosmos but equate it with the number zero and thus 'prove'
>>to their satisfaction that it cannot be reached by mortals

>I asked at the Convulsion lore auction if there are
>transcendental ideas in all world views, to which Greg
>answered that yes, the goal in _all_ for worldviews is
>to bring man and the transcendent together. It didn't
>occur to me to ask the follow-up question "What about the
>materialists then?" though, so I can't say what form it
>takes.

An interesting riddle. It seems that Greg may have using transcendance to include matters that most would simply term divine (ie higher states within the Cosmos). Since the Malkioni can access those states with their viewpoint, they can reasonably said to have transcendance in their worldview for some definitions of transcendance. However that is not the Standard Lunar Definition (as given in Enclosure #1) which states that 'Transcedental entities exist outside normal cosmological reality' and that was what I was basing my exposition on.

>> Hence I think that the status of Saintliness is arrived at by
>> purifying the mind and body so as to attain a higher level of
>> existance.

>Not that I want to resurrect the old saint debate at the
>moment, but on a related note, I think that there is
>much to say for the above view, but there is one part
>missing. To be a saint you need some kind of self
>sacrifice, a willingness to reach out to others, not
>just tranfer your own consciuosness to a higher level.

I agree. It should have read 'Hence I think that _in_ _part_ the status...'. Otherwise Zzabur would be a Saint which is denied by the Malkioni in GoG (and I don't think they are playing silly definition games either).