Crossdressing/Yelmies

From: Pam Carlson <carlsonp_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 23:51:37 -0700

I couldn't resist this one.

At first thought, I recall only that the Yelmaliansin Sun County have a prohibition against crossdressing, which, as Peter has convinced us all, is due to a backlash against ancient Teshnan influence.

Dara Happa, being unsullied by Teshnos, has no such probition. (Or did I miss something?)

If it did, I would think that the practice may have had its origins in acting. There are certainly groups of travelling actors, a lot of which use men dressed up for female roles. Thus any man who wished to dress as a woman could call himself an "actor", or an artist".

In fact, wasn't "being an artist" one of the sinful things people did under the reign of Kazkurtum?

Pam