Ducks and Sartarites

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 98 16:33 MET DST

Alex Ferguson:
> Jane Williams confesses:

>> But, two of them want to be ducks and the rest want to be human. So >> I need a mixed human/duck clan. Tricky!

> Oh no, Howard the Duck fans! Fun for cover!

> This is playing a little fast and loose, but why not set it in one of
> the damper Lismelder clans, and have the "ducklings" be adoptees,
> fosterees (was that a word, before now?), or if that's too much to
> take, then friendly outsiders.

Actually, why not have the humans fostered (hidden away) with the ducks? Think of all the potential with lowly upbringing of destined people!

>> Or any ideas how initiation as a citizen works?

Prior to confirmation about pantheon initiation this was tricky. It's not like every citizen of Boldhome (under RQ3 terms) burnt off a point of POW to the city god (<>Sartar?) and one to whichever cultural deity was appropriate (usually O&E).

> For the Orlanth cult, not unlike the tribal initiation, but (yet
> more) "desanctified".

Tribal initiation? I think I know about clan initiation (O&E). Tribal initiation would be to the tribal wyter, right?