Re: Malkioni Metaphysics

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 05:26:17 EDT

Peter:

<< >In stage three, Malkion the Prophet, Zzabur the Wizard, Horal the
>Warrior, Talar the Ruler, etc. [probably including Ehilm the Sun, >Humct
Deathlord or Worlath the Wind] were immortal beings of equal >power and footing.

 It seems to me that the legends of the False Gods are later accretions for the original form of Ehilm for example (and the one promulgated by the God Learners) is simply the Sun Disk.

 >Zzabur of Brithos claims to still belong to this stage. His performance
>during I Fought We Won on equal footing with Kyger Litor and other >deities
seems to support this claim

 Written from the perspective of an Orlanthi/God Learner. I don't think Zzabur would acknowlege Kyger Litor (or High King Elf) as being a immortal of equivalent status to himself. Rather he would treat it as an impersonal force or whatnot. >>

       While I would have said the same thing until recently, the new material that Greg read at Convulsion seemed to contradict this. Greg said that "Zzabur remembers a time when he was on an equal footing with Yelm and the other great immortals" or words to that effect. This, of course, was before Yelm (Ehlim one would have thought, but I seem to recall it being Yelm that was mentioned) and co.fell from the true path. Admittedly, Zzabur might be lying, and its a little difficult to have a chat with him about it in the Third Age, but it would appear that this is what the Brithini believe.

     I found this pretty surprising too.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky