Zzabur remembers...

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 19:02:59 +1200 (NZST)

Trotsky:

Me>>It seems to me that the legends of the False Gods are later accretions
>>for the original form of Ehilm for example (and the one promulgated by
>>the God Learners) is simply the Sun Disk.

>>I don't think Zzabur would acknowlege Kyger Litor (or High King Elf) as
>>being a immortal of equivalent status to himself. Rather he would treat
>>it as an impersonal force or whatnot.

>While I would have said the same thing until recently, the new material
>that Greg read at Convulsion seemed to contradict this. Greg said that
>"Zzabur remembers a time when he was on an equal footing with Yelm and
>the other great immortals" or words to that effect.

Even then the higher forms of these gods would have still been apparent. While Ehilm was walking around on earth, the Sun would have been shining in the Sky. And I still doubt that he would have understood Kyger Litor or High King Elf to be Immortals as they are not even human. Any Darkness Immortal would have looked more like Dame Darkness rather than a Mistress Race Uz.

>This, of course, was before Yelm (Ehlim one would have thought, but I
>seem to recall it being Yelm that was mentioned)

I wouldn't worry too much about this. When reading Elf Mythology at Victoria-Con, Greg mentioned the gods Yelmalio, Yelmdrya and Zorak Zoran for example. When it was put up on the glorantha webpage, it had been changed to Halamalao, Halamdrya and Zarakzor. When reading another myth, he took care to make sure we all knew who Shargash was.