Prax/Wastes questions

From: James Turner <sys055_at_abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 17:13:37 -0400 (EDT)

I'm thinking about running an animal nomad campaign and have a few questions.

To continue the initiation threads, anyone have any ideas about Waha/Eiritha initiations?

What real world sources would be useful? Would books about American Plains Indians be a good source for Praxian life-style? Is the geography of Prax/Wastes like the American plains or more like the African plains or elsewhere?

For those that have seen Sandy's Shamen rules. Any ideas why a Praxian shamen can only attack magically? I don't recall any such restriction mentioned before.

These secret societies that shamens are all supposed to be in, any more info on these? What is their purpose?

I plan on running a long time span campaign with players starting out as new initiates (probably High lamas) and eventually becoming clan heros or forming a new clan. Maybe even doing a Pendragon thing with the next generation becoming the new characters. Any ideas for a major campaign hook? That raising the cradle one a few months back was the right kind of scale but I don't think the nomads would be that interested in saving it just looting it. I'd also prefer to keep it mainly in the wastes as the Pavis/Zola Fel area has been done to death. Once Argrath leaves for Sartar nothing much happens in the wastes (or have I missed something?). I could do a "collect all the bits of Tada" campaign but then what do you do, kick in the Basmoli, nothing special there, or in a "collect all the great medicine bags" campaign.

I have Tales 14 and 15, Drastic Prax and most of the obvious sources.