Re: Ken St. Andre and Rumours

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 19:09:27 +0100 (BST)

Tom Zunder clarifies Mr. St. Andre:
> Ken believed that certain intellectual properties (ie Pendragon,
> Glorantha) were being sheltered in different companies.

> [This] may well be a part of a strategy to refinance Chaosium through
> the licensing of intellectual properties.

To clarify further, at the risk of drifting yet more off-topic:

In the case of Pendragon, the rights (or some of the rights, don't know the small print) have been effectively _sold_ [*] to another company.

So yes, hopefully the money is helping buoy up Chaosium, and certainly the transferred ISP is legally separate from said company.

Just throwing this in, to make the distinction with the Issaries/ Glorantha situation, though I can see the similarities, too...

> (I believe SJG had some tricky years historically).

I think the correct expression is "sustained period of being anally raped by the Federal government".

Slainte,
Alex.

[*] Given over as part of the terms of a loan, to be more precise.

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #143