Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #143

From: Lowell A Francis <edige_at_juno.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 17:22:15 -0500

I have a couple of questions, some of them just looking for reference pointers if there are any.
  1. In the Tarsh War book we hear about the Lunar College of magic and its organization into Minor and Major Classes. Several of the major classes are named (The Chronomancers, The Crater Makers, the Full Moon Corps), but I'm wondering if anyone has done the same with the Minor Classes. I'm not looking for rules or details necessarily, just color to build from.
  2. After reading through Questlines II and especially the Secret History of Sun County, my wife and I had a long debate about a topic related to this. In the matter of the Invictus/Vega Goldbreath, much of their conflict (set up or otherwise, depending on how you read it) comes from the geas which Invictus has placed upon him. It led us to an interesting question: how do these geases actually appear to people in Glorantha? Are they obvious or inobvious? a secret? a source of speculation? In some product people appear to conceal their geas and not speak of them at all. Is the geas placed directly into the mind of the worshipper or is there an intercessor priest? It seems that in some instances a priest might be able to use an assigned prhibition to hold someone back, point out a flaw or balance the community.

I'm curious how other people see this or run this in their campaign. Given the importance of these prohibitions (and understanding that this might vary from community to community) it could make a great detail in the play and development of a character.

3. I've gone back and noted some discussion of the Black Sun as another name/reading for Kharzakrantaum...blah..(I don't have GROY handy so I've just butchered the name...but you know...he's the "bad" guy...) I'm wondering if people use the Black Sun in their campaigns, especially those set outside Kralorela and the Kingdom of Ignorance. Would you say that the Black Sun is known among the Yelmi or Trolls elsewhere?