ms found near Whitewall

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 20:42:28 +0000

Polarick My Lord,

Whilst exploring an abandoned postal station inside a lower stratum of the ruins outside Whitewall I discovered the following fragment, which I believe to be representative of Lunar propaganda used on the Sartarite natives.

In Glorantha everything that begins as chaotic seems to mellow with time until it becomes bound up in the nature of the world. Orlanth and his kin were ushered in by chaos, irrationally violent in his youth, he eventually cast aside his hatreds and became responsible, caring, and claimed the mantle of king of the gods. The lunar empire is yet another example of a empire that began with raw chaos in the shah-maat and which has progressed to the point where it demonizes its foes as chaotic barbarians, and is ready to discard the awesome weapon of the crimson bat to rid itself of the disturbing chaos scent. Kajabor, the god killer, was transformed by its encounter with Arachne Solara, who may be identical to the being known as Glorantha, into the god binder, the net which separates the worlds of existence. Chaos becomes normal. Did not Glorantha herself coalesce out of chaos? Did not the Cosmic Court? When a broo dies does it not feed the worms? Do not the fish of the Zola Fel thrive on a diet of gorp? When it springs into existence, against all its desires, and wracked in horrifying birth-pangs, Chaos becomes part of the world, and as it progresses from prey to predator and so on through the food chain, or as it grows and gains some small measure of wisdom and self-discipline, so Chaos becomes a part of the world, obeying and even exemplifying the laws of existence.

May the Good Winds Bless You and Yours

This concludes the text of the letter, which I have translated and set down faithfully for your amusement.

Your Servant,
Rundrum Inkfingers
whoah!

Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu> Computer Guy <http://hops.wharton.upenn.edu/~loren>