Sor Eel's replacement

From: mob <mob_at_bayswater.schnet.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 15:42:20 +0500

G'day all,

Sor Eel's replacement

Someone asked:
> Has anybody played long enough in Prax and Pavis to make a > decision on who replaces Sor-Eel the Short?

And Nick suggested:

>>My guess would be Duke Raus -- local experience, PC connections, and an
>>old frontier hand by the early 1620's. It's a good (limited) first step
>>back into Moonson's good books, too, which means it'd rile his enemies
>>in the Heartland, which means you can export Dart Competition politics
>>and professional assassins and other such trappings to dusty Pavis City.
>>All good clean fun.

I agree - to a point. Raus is the ideal candidate for the job. Perhaps he assumes the role of acting governor following Sor Eel's disgrace. But Pavis and Prax are lost to the Lunars not long after, so I suggest that the very Dart Competition politics that Nick enthuses about results in Raus's replacement with some idiot fresh from the Heartlands who proceeds to antagonise the delicate political situation that Raus was fostering and ultimately leads to disaster for the Empire. If he's still around, Gim Gim the Grim probably helps scupper Raus's chances of getting the permanent appointment, even though he is obviously the best man for the job. Not sure what happens to Raus if he escapes the assassin's knife - perhaps he heroicially defends a besieged Ronegarth from the rabid hordes of Argrath Whitebull, only to die (Chinese Gordon-style) days before the relieving force arrives. Hmmm, there's a few scenario ideas in this...

Cheers,

MOB

MICHAEL O'BRIEN
  Research Associate, Bayswater Primary School   Learning Technologies Navigator School, Bayswater, Victoria, Australia   Telephone: +61-3-9721-3755 Fax: +61-3-9720-8986   <mob_at_bayswater.schnet.edu.au>
  MOB's Glorantha Page: http://gateway.bayswater.schnet.edu.au:81/~mob/

  9 Parker Street, Richmond 3121, Victoria, Australia   Home Telephone: +61-3-9428-9048