Lowell's questions

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 20:10:11 +1200 (NZST)

Lowell A Francis:

>1. In the Tarsh War book we hear about the Lunar College of magic and its
>organization into Minor and Major Classes. Several of the major classes
>are named (The Chronomancers, The Crater Makers, the Full Moon Corps),
>but I'm wondering if anyone has done the same with the Minor Classes. I'm
>not looking for rules or details necessarily, just color to build from.

The Chronomancers, Crater Makers & Full Moon Corps are not Major Class Colleges. The Major Class Colleges are named as Major Class I, Major Class II etc. The Lunar Colleges of Magic also have alternative names based on their associated phase of the Moon, such as the Full Moon School, the Crescent Go School and so on. Some detail on the Minor Class II college can be found in Questlines II ('The Annual Dinner').

>3. I've gone back and noted some discussion of the Black Sun as another
>name/reading for Kharzakrantaum...blah..(I don't have GROY handy so I've
>just butchered the name...but you know...he's the "bad" guy...) I'm
>wondering if people use the Black Sun in their campaigns, especially
>those set outside Kralorela and the Kingdom of Ignorance. Would you say
>that the Black Sun is known among the Yelmi or Trolls elsewhere?

The Black Sun is an allegory as there's really no astronomical body called the Black Sun. It exists as the Shadow of the Sun and it has the attributes that the local sun god is not. So there would be a lot of gods in Glorantha that one could claim to be the Black Sun under another name (such as Kazkurtum whom you've mentioned). However the Black Sun exists primarily in Bliss in Ignorance, Kralorela and Koromandol. He would be found outside those areas if a Black Sun cultist were to be found there.