English

From: tom.zunder_at_avestasheffield.com
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 09:47:29 +0000

=20

     I think certain languages make a good platform for
     polyglotism. American English and English English
     both are full of loan words from the various
     colonies Britain and the USA have run not to
     mention the input of migrants and a strong
     tendency in both nations to actively
     import words as an act of style and fashion.

=20
However, I think for political reasons, it is non-native English speakers who gain the benefit of this unstructured and flexible language. English speakers don't usually learn other languages well.
=20
I also acknowledge the existence of all other forms of English, many of which have a linguistic richness as great as the two I mentioned.
=20
(Ok you Ozzies)
=20
Oh shit I'm off topic. Bye. ------------------------------