Red moon over the wastes?

From: James Turner <sys055_at_abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 13:05:57 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for those who have answered my questions.

Several people suggested anti-lunar type ideas, but I've had enough of anti-lunar campaigns. Besides I started thinking about current nomad life and how much of an impact the lunars have. Since the characters are going to be high lamas the major reason for hating lunars, the battle of Moonbroth, isn't a factor.

Have I got it wrong about the wastes? I did think that the nomads lived there as well as Prax (it's certainly bigger) and Prax was just a bit more fertile. If this is the case then the Sables forcing most of the tribes into the wastes is just the same as when any tribe becomes strong and holds onto a valuable resource such as an oasis or grassland. Any resentment would be directed at the Sables first and at their allies second. If you are a nomadic clan wandering around the wastes the lunars don't really feature.

The lunars are bad because they like chaos, but then the Pol Joni are bad because they ride horses, the pure horse people are worse and the Pavics/Sun domers are softies and we wouldn't mind looting their city.