Glorantha wargames

From: richardc_at_sypte.co.uk
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:58:22 +0000

Hi folks,

Tom Zunder and I have just played out a Gloranthan game of Hordes of the Things (WRG's fast play fantasy rules)=2E The scenario, which seems to have acquired the title "Flower of Heortland" and includes a solo for one of the players to play prior to the tabletop action, will appear shortly when Tom opens up a Gloranthan section on his website=2E
_

In the mean time I am inspired to go back to my attempt to design HOTT army lists for Glorantha=2E Some debatable points on Orlanthi armies:
_

Most Sartarite clans have no significant cavalry=2E Where they appear in the Dragon Pass order of battle it is from various (more or less) foreign sources; Baron Sanuel's Company, the Poljoni, and presumably the Elmali clans? (OK not really foreign but not typical either)
_

Heortland cavalry is mainly restricted to the knightly followers of the Western or Westernised nobles?
_

If there is a place for chariot riding Orlanthi in Glorantha (and surely there must be) it is on the plains of Ralios?
_

What do you think - am I stating the obvious or way off beam?
_

Richard Crawley
Glory to the Granite Phalanx!