Godtongue

From: Benedict Adamson <ben_at_cd.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 12:42:59 +0100

> Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 23:58:34 +0200
> From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_hol.fr>
> Subject: A can of telepathic worms

- -..
> There is also a Godtongue. Here, the worms are even larger.
- -..
Does that still exist, or was it Gregged?

[No flames please, I'm no expert.]

I thought theists had no trouble communicating with their deities during religious ceremonies. Similarly (worship ceremony=hero quest), hero questers have (AFAIK) no problems talking to the entities they meet. Yet neither initiates nor (apparently) hero questers need learn new languages.

Assuming what I've just stated is true, I have a question for the list. During a worship ceremony/hero quest, how DO participants communicate? I guess there are two possibilities: telephathy or solipsism. By solipsism I mean each participant perceives the entities as speaking the participant's own language (with suitable accents, I suppose). Although I suppose some Issaries hero quests might be different, when the whole point is to acquire a communication ability.