Misquote, I think...

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:41:38 +0300 (EDT)

> Ummm. I know I'm confused because Greg says that the west is the mind of
> Glorantha, the Theistic lands are its soul and the East its spirit. But
> I'm not sure what the distinction is.

As far as I know that was Sandy Petersen who said that (and not in those words). I can't be sure, not having heard it first hand, but that's how it's printed in TotRM 13 "the Go West! Quiz"

This whole line of speculation on whether one should talk of souls in Glorantha is quite strange. At least Greg uses the term frequently, and it keeps popping up in KoS, for example.

The Gloranthan concept of a soul is definitely different from the boring and metaphysically sloppy christian one though (except for the dreadful Malkioni, I suppose)

        -Adept

"thinker, dreamer and adventurer"