Fall of Dorastor and Vadel

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 11:06:35 +1200 (NZST)

Paul Bestwick:

>Can anyone advise me as to the forces involved in Arkat's assault on
>Dorastor ? Obviously there were significant Troll forces, but what others.

Talor and some Ralian and Fronelan reinforcements appeared on the scene in the nick of time according to Lords of Terror. This was because Kartolin Pass had fallen. The Heortlings were not present for they were sent to conquer Dara Happa. Where the Army of the West and the Dragonewts were at this time is unknown. Praxians aplenty for one Orgwaha is named as the killer of the King of Lakrene. Nida had aided Arkat but I don't think they are doing so at this time.

>At this point who were the defenders ?

The best troops of Dara Happa including the Elevens. Whatever troops Nysalor could raise which included local Orlanthi (Tastalari, Lakrene and Dorastrans), Some dwarves from Greatway (but very few as they were cut off from home), and Elves from what is now Hellwood and perhaps Poisonthorn Woods and Rist. The Elves of the Elder Wilds had apparently been slaughtered at the battle of Travelling Stone. A horde of chaos monsters but Razalkark was not present for he was sleeping according to Questlines II.

Trotsky:

>I seem to recall [Vadel] was also described as originating in the
>level of existence immediately preceding Zzabur's (step 2, IIRC).

The concept of Evil and Corruption, I would assume. Just as Malkion is at this level Law and Wisdom. (Going by the Arolanit Creation story in ToTRM#13).