Re: ---------------------

From: David Weihe <weihe_at_eagle.danet.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:38:20 EDT

> From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_hol.fr>
> Subject: Telepathic worms ? SHAZAM !!
>
> Benedict Adamson:
> > > Godtongue
> > - -..
> > Does that still exist, or was it Gregged?
>
> Not officially, I believe.But there are only a handful of references
> to it, and, frankly, Godtongue is a strange concept. It does have some
> mythical and philosophical validity, but there are just as many reasons
> which militate against such a thing existing.

I always assumed that GodTongue in Glorantha was similar to "the language of the gods" mentioned various places in Homer. For instance, the river dividing the plains of Troy is named one thing by men, and another by the gods.

In short, the language of pre-Lesser Darkness "civilization", especially that of the Spike area. Monomythically speaking, of course (but all GodTongue references that I have seen are from God Learner-ish sources).