Orlanthi Reincarnation

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 18:15:33 +0100

Peter still refuses to believe me:

>It depends which Orlanthi he was talking about. The Esrolians may
>have a belief in reincarnation but KoS makes no mention of it.

Well, first bear in mind that KoS isn't meant to be a 'complete guide' but a partial view. And second: it don't say anything against it either. I think that the eventual fate of people's souls isn't a topic that concerns most people.

>Humakti can look forward to a 'special section of Hell reserved for
>them to practice their and prepare for the Final Days, or at least
>the next full-scale war of the gods.' according CoP. I don't think
>these souls will be reincarnated then, it would be more like the
>the Legion of Dead Heroes digging their way out.

I like that image! I wonder what happened to them when Argrath destroyed the Old World.

>AFAIK according to KoS, Orlanthi souls do not go from Orlanth's Hall
>to Humakt's Hall. They are different places where you might end up
>after you have been judged by Daka Fal.

I never thought they did. Either/or.

By the way, on the topic of souls, I'd like to point out that though (according to most Gloranthan sources) your self survives death in nonphysical  form, that self isn't necessarily to be identified with your current personality and consciousness. Kos mentions (in What Happens When You Die) that your spirit self mutates from being just the ghost of a human into a true denizen of the spirit plane in a mutation rather like a larva becoming a butterfly. This is slightly different from the 'traditional Christian' picture that some folks have been objecting to.