Re: Demographics, etc.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 00:36:11 +0100 (BST)

Nick Brooke reposts:
> Or do you want an
> Abortion rune spell, as lambasted by Greg in Tales #7...

Actually, I think the nature of the Lambast was on the lines of, "If this spell is supposed to be for termination of pregnancy, why isn't it _called_ Abort?" (Answer perhaps being that "abortion" is a colloquial misapplication of a modern medical term, maybe.) It was presented as the Nyanka spell "Menstruate", if memory serves.

I'd bet money that Maran Gor, or close cognates thereof, could indeed provide the magical equivalent of "an Abortion rune spell", though I doubt they exactly tout for business...

Slainte,
Alex.