Re: Yelmalions and Horses

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 07:46:04 +0100

Alex mentions, as a source of cavalry:

> And of course such Yelmalions as they're on speaking terms with.
> (And haven't absent-mindedly lost their horses, like the RoC eejits.)

Which reminds me of something Sandy and I worked over at the last German con: did the Sun Dome Templars of Prax preserve ancient lore telling them what the mythical species known as the "horse" looks like? With, perhaps, an old and badly-stuffed exemplar, plus some oral lore and rules-of-thumb. ("A horse is like a zebra, only of just one colour. Usually. Unless it has more than one. It is something like a unicorn, only it has no horns, and its feet are different. It does not breathe fire. Nor does it have wings. Usually.")

Nick
:::: web: <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Nick_Brooke>