who do i have to feed to the Bat to get an answer?

From: steve <styopa_at_iname.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 08:12:46 -0500

:)

Hi, as those of you who pay attention to the digest may notice, I'm the guy who is writing an extensive Gloranthan weather computer program for free distribution.

I would simply like to get Issaries ok to do this. (I certainly hope it's forthcoming - the program is mostly done!)

One stumbling point I'm having is getting a clear version of a gloranthan map. I am looking for a data file of a map with physical features, rivers, etc. (not political boundaries). It can be any size, or even *with* political boundaries, as long as I have permission to edit the map for use in the program. The imagemap on the Glorantha.com pages has too little detail. If you have something that could help, I would appreciate it.

People have helpfully suggested that I post to the digest with this request. I would, but honestly what I need more than anything is PERMISSION to use said map - hell, I can heist one for any of a dozen websites. I have a scanned version of the frontispiece from GoG, which is perfect but for the page fold - I'd clean that up, again if I could get PERMISSION to use it.

If you can give me permission to go ahead and finish the program, great. If you can get me a data file of a Gloranthan map, excellent. If you can give me permission instead to use the scan from GoG, that's fine too.

As I said, the program is mostly done - the engine itself is written. All that's left are some decisions about how exactly I want to present the info most coherently, and to dovetail a little more with specific weather patterns cited in G:CotHW. (For example, I'm trying to resolve the Kahar Northern Sea fog issue: sources say it's "fog shrouded"....but 80% of the time, the Orlanth Eye is far enough away that you get Beaufort 4+ winds commonly! Not sure how I'll solve that....)

If you would care to see it, I can certainly compile what i have together, and you can see what I have so far. (So long as you understand it's a very "alpha" version!)

Thank you!!!