Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #162

From: SimonBray_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 20:20:05 EDT

Hi Guys,

 To answer Alex re the religious affiliations of the Orlanthi chieftan. I think it depends on the clan, pure and simple. If you are a war clan then he may worship Orlanth Victorious, the Warrior, perhaps even Humakt. If you are a Balanced clan, then the chieftain may worship Orlanth Thunderous, Lightbringer et al, he could even be an Elmali. A peace clan would probably go for Orlanth Good Speaker, Orlanth Thunderous (Rain/Fertility), Elmal again perhaps. I think chieftan who seek to form tribes or become kings worship Orlanth Rex most predominantly, although I can see many chieftain without such allusions adopting this worship.

 Female chieftains - Vinga/Humakt - War Clan,

                             Vinga/Ernalda (Earth Queen)- Balanced Clan
                             Ernalda (Earth Mother) - Peace Clan.

 All IMHO

 Cheers Simon Bray.