Soul Shortage

From: mob <mob_at_bayswater.schnet.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 12:09:48 +0500

G'day all,

Soul Shortage

Mike Cule's ideas for a "soul shortage":

>Oddly I think only a high level civilisation with centralised government like
>the Lunars would notice the symptoms: a sudden but widely spread pandemic of
>children born physically healthy but without any consciousness.
>
>Hmm, how about this: the sudden appearance of an investigative party of
>Kralorelan Mandarins (complete with Path of Immanent Mastery bodyguard) come
>to central Genertela to discover the source of *their* soul-shortage which they
>have divined is flying too and fro across the continent....

Much as I don't buy the idea the Bat is responsible, this is dead cool! In fact, the Bat theory itself could be a very big, er red herring (so to speak).

To find the *real reason* for the soul shortage the investigative mandarins will have to go further west - to the Kingdom of War!

Cheers,

MOB PS I've just got a hold of the Baron Munchausen roleplaying/storytelling game (thanks Kevin), which Senator Mike had a hand in. What a hoot! As a game which postively encourages all players to consume copious quantities of alcohol while recounting extraordinary adventures in the style of the good baron (and the winner has to buy everyone a round), I must say I can't wait to play this at the next Convulsion. Buy this game!

MICHAEL O'BRIEN
  Research Associate, Bayswater Primary School   Learning Technologies Navigator School, Bayswater, Victoria, Australia   Telephone: +61-3-9721-3755 Fax: +61-3-9720-8986   <mob_at_bayswater.schnet.edu.au>
  MOB's Glorantha Page: http://gateway.bayswater.schnet.edu.au:81/~mob/

  9 Parker Street, Richmond 3121, Victoria, Australia   Home Telephone: +61-3-9428-9048