Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #158

From: Simon Phipp <simon.phipp_at_walshwestern.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 17:50:01 +0000

Michael Cule on Orlanthi Reincarnation

> Peter still refuses to believe me:
>
> >It depends which Orlanthi he was talking about. The Esrolians may
> >have a belief in reincarnation but KoS makes no mention of it.
>
> Well, first bear in mind that KoS isn't meant to be a 'complete
> guide' but a partial view. And second: it don't say anything against
> it either. I think that the eventual fate of people's souls isn't a
> topic that concerns most people.

Well, we know that the souls of Earth cultists reside with Ty Kora Tek until they pop back into the cycle. Maybe Ernalda cultists are in some way different, being the major Earth Deity, but I think not. IMO Reincarnation can happen, and does happen, in Orlanthi cultures but not for all, or even most, Orlanthi.

Julian Lord:

> Alex Ferguson :
>
>> Which aspect/subcult of Orlanth do (male) clan chiefs belong to?
>
> IMO whichever aspect/subcult makes the local Earth move ...

So, Maran Gor it is, then :-)