Hantrafal

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 20:07:41 +0100

Alex Ferguson :

> What's with this "Hantrafal" guy?

Julian Lord:

>Well, Hantrafal is the first shaman, seemingly. He is also "the godi of

>godis", which sort of ruins the idea that Orlanthi godis are much like
>"Vikings" ones, or even like historical RW ones, actually. Bang! goes
>some people's Glorantha! He is either the first of the Kitorings or the

>first of the Kolatings, depending on Greg's mood, if that's any help?
>No?

I querried this with Robin. According to him Hantrafal was _not_ a shaman. He was in fact the first priest of Orlanth. Of course, back in those days being a priest was a much more animistic style affair involving personal dealings with spirits and such like. Us God Learners can plainly see that Hantrafal was the first shaman of Umath to become a priest of Orlanth and establish Orlanthi worship beyond the point of it being a mere spirit cult. But Orlanthi know that Hantrafal was just a natural born inspired priest all along. Obviously.

Simon Hibbs