Re: Bats and Souls

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 03:07:38 +0100 (BST)

I suggest that Bat Food, like Sheng Seleris, can never be contacted by anyone, Simon Hibbs notes otherwise:

> c.f. KoS where Fazzur shows Sheng languishing in a lunar
> hell to the assembled rebellious Sartarite commanders.

I was forgetting about that small detail. But as Argrath's doublequest  makes clear, he's someplace not reachable by "theist" methods. I think it's still feasible that batfood ends up in such a mystic "hell", or other place, albeit perhaps one not even the Lunars know how to reach. Or at least, I think the Lunars claim this, anyway...

Though as Simes amplifies, this is probably spiritual annihilation for your Barbarian In The Street anyway -- but that's his fault for not being sufficiently Illuminated to "survive" the experience, cosmicly speaking.

Slainte,
Alex.