Yelmalion Geases

From: Simon Phipp <simon.phipp_at_walshwestern.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 12:07:29 +0000

Richard Crawley writes on Yelmaian "Wear no armour" geases:

> Presumably there is some mythic justification - Yelmalio
> having bits of his armour pulled off in some Godtime fight?

Hill of Gold, for one, where Yelmalio loses his Armour to Orlanth.

> Actually I wonder if there isn't a remedial class in every
> Sun Domer barracks to beat the cack-handedness out
> of any recruit who tries to face the wrong way during drill=2E
> Such unfortunates would doubtless be looked on with
> suspicion as well as derision=2E

Absolutely, although left-handers would not be allowed in to the Templars (being Evil/Chaotic/Different/Unsuitable/Bad for Morale).

Martin Hawley asks:
> Hi guys
> Does anyone know
> 1. who Orlanth's Horse Loving daughter is?
> 2. What does heler's Water do?

Makes people wet and gives plants drinks (it is Rain, after all).

> 4. The names of any of the Bad Dogs?
> 5. What does the Chalk Man represent?

As far as I know, it is the Hero of the SnakePipe Region in the GodTime, but I can't remember who it was. Maybe the king from the SnakePipe Hollow Pack.

James Turner asks:
> How useful would Nomad Gods be in a RPG campaign?
> Was most of the information in there put into Tales and Drastic?
> Would the map make a good players map of the area?

Very useful if only for the myths and descriptions of the pieces. A good GM can adapt the individual playing pieces and produce fairly good bands of nomads/exotics with reasonable sizes/strengths. The map is not as good as the one in River of Cradles for a RPG campaign.

See Ya

Simon Phipp