Re: Retconned naffness

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 16:11:56 +0100 (BST)

I am duly MOBbed:
> >>Nandan is obviously not a ubiquitous cult, more of an intermittent/local
> >>"Hero Cult", I think.

> If I recall correctly, the Orlanthi clan material in the version of HW I've
> seen said that *every* clan has Nandan members. Even if that's an Orlanthi
> *every*, 85% is still pretty ubiquitous.

I suppose I was thinking of the frequency of Nandan's "Greater Magic" (men bearing children), whereas HW may be indicating the prevalence of his "Minor Magic" (men sleeping with men).

I'm reminded at this point about information posted in the dim and distant past about Viking attitudes towards homosexuality, vis the large distinction between "active" and "passive". Would someone care to repost a more coherent summary than I could manage, and for extra credit, attempt a reconciliation/FixUp with what we now know about Nandam?

Slainte,
Alex.