End of Play

From: Laajam{ki Jorma <l157738_at_students.cc.tut.fi>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 18:40:34 +0200 (EET DST)

About runequest and Glorantha

 First, I think, i have to lighten some background information. I have been playing i group over 12 years now (as you might have guessed, it's runequest gruop playing with glorantha.)  We have had fun, a lot of fun occasionally. But something have changed. Oldest of your player characters is created april 1987, and has became quitrte tought, which is obivious, i think. Other characters are also at least 5 or 6 years old, with exception of one two year old. So we are talking about experienced adventurer group, which, with combined to Orlanth background created the problem. Problem named Mr. Greg Stafford.

 The world of Glorantha was amazingly fine when it first came to finnish market, and our whole group was charmed by it. OnLast years just haven't been so gently with it. Mr Stafford has really blowed it up. I don't say that the philosophy is that bad thing, just the way that Greg had destroyed the whole fun from the game with 'power-characters'.So, finally we came to conclusion that we need a difference. We tried to change the rules, ignore idiotic rules and so on for several years until today, when we understanted that there is no way. We quitted the whole game and started to play AD&D. No There's a game with fun, and i am not american. Sorry Greg, You really are pain in the ass for Glorantha. Stop abusing the rules and history and philosophies and do some new.

J.Laajamdki

P.S Digest have been much fun and good source of information, not to underestimate the intresting chats about essenses of the Glorantha. Thank you very much. - --
Just looking for chance to
say "denied".

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #171