Two dozen tribes?

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 98 23:02 MET DST

Alex re: "missing" 24th tribe of Sartar:

>If you count the Pol-Joni (who aren't on the map I was thinking of,
>for obvious reasons), then there's 24, yes. Personally I think
>they're allies, not subjects, however.

There are no subjects in Sartar (prior to the Lunar conquest) AFAIK. The principality is a tribal federation with a hereditary prince (usually an elective office, but...)

The population consists of tribal members or transients.

WRT Pol Joni: they aren't part of any city confederation. Neither are the Colymar or the Telmori, and the Lismelder could be fairly astonished to learn there is a city federation of Duck Point they are supposed to be part of.

>The Ducks are a tribe, though and listed on the map as such.)

Another question: before the annihilation of the Maboder, were there 25 tribes of Sartar? Does Wulfland gain tribal, or clan, status under Argrath?