Pesky Orlanth Worshipping Women

From: Ashley Munday <Ashley.Munday_at_liffe.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 09:18:14 +0100

Chris Bell gave a couple of examples of Orlanth priestesses in early RQ sources, namely the rules and CoP. There were a couple of other examples of Orlanth worshipping women. Have a gawk in the RQII version of "Apple Lane" and you'll find a high percentage of the women in there are Orlanth initiates. One that sticks in my mind was that Kareena, originally an Orlanth Priestess, became a shaman in the RQIII edition. Maybe his Divine (capitalisation in deference to Alex) Gregness *genuflects* was trying to tell us that female Orlanth priests were a bit thinner on the ground than had been previously implied?

Jane also makes the comment that women can't join the Adventurous version, which probably explains why the changes were made, but I'm buggered if I saw statement to that effect in the "River of Cradles" version of Orlanth. I was probably too busy explaining to a player why he suddenly needed three skills at 90% to become a Storm Voice when last week he hadn't.

Cheers,

Aes