RE: The Glorantha Digest V6 #142

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 18:22:01 +0100

>Glorantha looks a lot like our world and I'm sure it's inhabitants
>share many of the experiences and forms of belief as our
>ancestors, and even some still extant ancient cultures. Glorantha
>is different where it makes sense for it to be different; where the
>differences are meaninfull and informative.

Which is why I felt that Cactus elves should be white-skinned (that's really white, not pink). They are properly adapted to the desert, they reflect most of the searing heat away! Those humans that live there had their skins burned to a crisp because they did not live in harmony with nature there, and so they keep dying of thirst because the fire that got inside them evaporates their water. Thus we have humans that are recognisable as desert-dwellers, but the non-humans are not just desert people with pointy ears, they're really different.

All the above is IMO, and my own fabrication. Are there any official cactus elves mentioned anywhere?

http://members.tripod.com/~PhilHibbs/
Any view of things that is not strange is false