Re: Vinga, Orlanth, Air

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 23:35:20 +0100 (BST)

Jane Williams writes about Vinga, at some length (not to say, width):
> > (the Red Hair Lodge sounds jolly-gosh like a Temple to me
> Sorry. The original version probably was, but these days the Red Haired Lodge is
> where Vingans expect to go when they die.

Hrm. Perhaps I was thinking of the bit in G:G where it says "Starbrow is forming a new sisterhood now", but I could have sworn there was a reference to it implying it was a temple, or at least a place.

Age and mental infirmity strikes again, perhaps.

> Chris Bell had some good bits from really ancient sources:
> > membership is open to "Any who hold breath in their lungs", as according
> to Cults of Prax,
> Hmmm. Sure that was OA, not OT? The Air connection sounds more Thunderous to
> me. It seems to have been dropped from the RoC writeup for some reason.

It was definitely OA, as it was explicitly stated it was the only aspect found in Prax. It's not true to assume that OA is not an "air" cult, though much credence to put in the nuances of CoP at this remove in Time is another matter, of course.

Slainte,
Alex.