Re: Black Sun

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 08:34:34 +0200

Daniel McCluskey:

> long before Yelm notices him. That is what led me to identify him with an
> "other" of Yelm, and assume that his powers would be a sort of "Dark Parody"
> of Yelmic powers. The Pelorians, worshipping Yelm, would hardly see a need
> for such powers, as they already HAVE Yelm.

Black Sun is the shadow cast by Yelm's light, the stain Yelm cannot see etc. Pelorian theologists are probably aware of this, but unwilling to admit it as Yelm per definition is perfect. Kazkurtum is the absence of Yelm and everything he stands for: justice, social order etc. Similar, but not identical IMO.

> > Now, the Black Sun is generally considered to be the "other" of Yelm, and
> > would mirror pelorian magics.
>
> Why do you feel this is the Case? I'd imagine that it would be Troll
> Magics.

I'd imagine the magic of the Black Sun cult to be twisted _eastern_ magic.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #181