Thunderousness

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 19:48:33 +0100

Without quoting anybody this time, as I gather things sometimes go Horribly Wrong and I have yet to investigate why.

I'm beginning to get the feeling that there are two very different Gloranthas under discussion here.

The one I'm in is described by RoC, RQ2 to some extent, CoP when I can get hold of bits of it (the web site! wonderful!), the various troll packs for RQ3 and of course KoS (though this is barely relevant here for some reason). All of these have ample examples of women who have Storm powers, women who are Orlanth priests, and so on.

Then we have the Glorantha Jeff describes, where OA is now known as OW (and has lost his storm powers), and all these women have suddenly become impossible.

These cannot be the same place. Now, if Jeff is describing his own game, fair enough (though I'd never want to play there), but I have a horrible suspicion that the unpublished and unavailable things he keeps referring to may in same way reflect Future Glorantha. If so, I'm opting out. Future Glorantha, with or without Hero Wars, can manage without me if it's going to be that restrictive and that different from what's gone before.

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/