Cack-handers

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 19:47:45 -0400

Mob said:
> Speaking as a leftie myself, I'm pretty sure that there are about the
same
proportion of left-handed humans in Glorantha as here. And the same sort=

of
prejudice exists in many Lozengial societies too, no doubt. =

> If I recall correctly, the "everyone is right-handed" notion is just a
convenient rules construct from RQ3.

RQ2 - I haven't been able to find anything about this in RQ3.

Making characters fight right-handed isn't just a rules construct. Anyon= e
who was trained to fight in a shield-wall will have been trained to fight=

right-handed whatever their natural preference - this is still true today=

for riot training in the British police forces.

Dragonewts presumably have a majority of lefties so enforce the opposite rule. This idea probably had its origin in Chinese mythology where demon= s
fight left-handed.

Andrew Barton