Harpoon

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:36:32 EDT

The Harpoon was "designed by humans and built by dwarfs" apparently. I always presumed that it had been built as a cradlesnatcher; a device to catch cradles. If there is a 'blue'print for it then perhaps a more sinister Annilla or Wartagi influence is possible.

Another, more fun, possibility is that the blueprint was a treasure found on acradle, which was in fact a blueprint for a Giant Crossbow, which would be like the other educational 'toys' found on the Cradle. (ie. as the baby grows into a little boy it can make it;s own crossbow out of giant mechano or something). The human plunderers of that cradle then commisioned the dwarfs to make this crossbow from the blueprint. I can imagine a "Spinal Tap" moment when the dwarfs deliver their handiwork. "these are in inches, not feet!". The humans would claim it was their design, of course, instead of some dumb Giants.

Keith Nellist.