Dara Happan Society

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 14:29:48 +1200 (NZST)

Chris Bell:

>How would one represent Antirius and his Cult in RQ3? From the sense
>that I got from GRoY, Antirius is what most people worship when they
>actually worship "Yelm" in Dara Happa, and that the true Yelm cult is
>pretty unapproachable.

GRAY is written from the perspective of the first age. The Cult of Yelm has changed quite a bit since then as have what people believe about Yelm. The primary change took place in after the death of Nysalor. There the worshippers of Antirius became worshippers of Yelm whereas the God Antirius was redefined into becoming the Guardian of the Emperor.

>Everyone worships a cult that is fitting for their social class -
>Lokarnos for merchants, Buserian for Priests, and so on.

Social classes are pretty defunct in the Empire. The real indication of social status is through your clan. If someone in your clan has become Satrap of Darjiin, then you will be very high-and-mighty even if you were a mere peasant in the fields before he became Satrap.

>I have the impression that there wouldn't be as much intra-cult mobility
>as their is in the south. For example - nobles worship Yelm via
>Antirius, and to do otherwise would be to violate the divine social
>order. Likewise, if you're a peasant, you worship Lodril, and no one
>else.

The Nobility do not worship Antirius nor is there much fuss about cult-mobility in the lower orders. There is a great deal of fuss if some johnny-come-lately manages to become Satrap or Senator but this is largely ineffectual. Get a look at Enclosure #1 which has a list of Gods and Goddesses of the Lunar Empire.

>Dara Happan Cult PC Role GoG Equivalent
>Yelm/Antirius Noble/Ruler Yelmalio? (sans Geases?)

What's wrong with the cult of Yelm in GoG?