Re: Is Glorantha Bronze Age?

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 19:37:25 EDT

Kevin Rose:

<< Me: Technology will have improved since the Dawn - which was a pretty low starting point - but the change would be nowhere near as big as between 200AD and 1800AD, frex.

 The difficulty here is that Glorntha is not ADVANCING in technology, it is regressing. First age magic and technology was superior to second age and second age to third age.>>

    The magic was certainly superior. I'm less sure about the mundane technology (in so far as magic is separate from anything in Glorantha). I really can't see many places having much technology at the Dawn, so it seems obvious to me that there has been overall advance - albeit certainly not a continuous one, and as I said in my earlier post, not a terribly big one either. Kralorela may have had a fair degree of technology at the Dawn, but they are a relatively stagnant culture in that regard, IMO.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky