Pol Joni

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 17:06:36 +1200 (NZST)

Chris Bell:

>[The Pol Joni have] managed to inculcate themselves into the mythological
>fabric of Prax by making sacrifice at the Paps to the Nonmad Gods (Waha
>and Eiritha) and oresumably HeroQuesting to "prove" that they are at least
>an Illegitimate of Tribe of Prax

I don't think this is correct. They don't worship Waha and they don't need heroquesting to prove they are illegitimate. They are called a 'Bastard' tribe because the Praxians think they are complete bastards.

For further information on the Pol Joni, see King of Sartar and Drastic: Prax.

>How does Pol Joni tribal life work? Is it the same as the life for most
>Praxians?

Yes.

>What cult do their young adults initiate into...Waha, Orlanth, or both?

Orlanth. They do not worship Waha.

>And why the hell did the Pol Joni people leave Sartar?

Because Derik (the tribal founder) wanted revenge on the Praxians.

>How are there cattle able to survive on the Prax chapparal? I thought that
>only animals who are part of the survival covenant could do this?

Horse and Cattle do not survive on the chapparal. The Pol Joni live in the good regions of prex where horses are able to be grazed. Their 'cattle' are beasts stolen from the other tribes.