EWF

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:14:23 +1200 (NZST)

Dana and Cynthia Myers:

>I was wondering if anyone could direct me to info on the EWF.
>society and culture, religion, magic, etc. Thanks.

There isn't much because the EWF vanished long ago and its secrets deliberately hidden.

SOCIETY: The vast masses of the EWF were ordinary humans. Most of them were Orlanthi although for a short period, the EWF did conquer Peloria and other places.

Above the masses were the draconic initiates. These were people who could speak Auld Wyrmish and even think Draconically. With this power, they could turn into dragons, think people to death, and other draconic things.

The Draconic initiates organized the Empire. They demanded tribute and sacrifices from their masses in order to awaken the Grand Dragon which would bring about a New Golden Age. They were also in charge of the army so anybody who dissented was eaten.

RELIGION: The Old Gods were worshipped in their New Draconic forms. The Sun was venerated as the Sun Dragon, Orlanth was a dragonfriend and so on. The draconic initiates worshipped these Gods exclusively whereas the masses worshipped their traditional gods with a nod towards the inclinations of their overlords.

MAGIC: Check out the Dragonewt Magics in RQ3 Book 5 or the magics of the Cult of Immanent Mastery in Gods of Glorantha. If you have a copy of Codex #3, there's an even more extensive dragon magic system in there. Those are examples of what your average draconic initiate could do.