Re: Technology

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 08:28:40 +0200

Peter:

> I disagree. The general level of technology has been increasing.
> The Loskalmi have plate armor which is now appearing in Seshnela
> and Ralios. The Dawn Age Dara Happans had mills which was
> demonstrably unknown in the Golden Age. All in all, the Kingdom
> of Loskalm, the Lunar Empire and the Kralori Empire are all as
> sophisticated as the bygone empires of the Bright Empire, the God
> Learners and the EWF.

There is a lot to this thought. The question then is, does this increase in technological sophistication stem from a general weakening of magic over the ages (lunars withstanding, this is usually said to be a fact)?

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/