Stirrups

From: Nigel Phillips <N.E.Phillips_at_bradford.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 10:09:58 +0000

The recent discussion of stirrups in the RW and in Glorantha prompts me to wonder if the Praxian animal nomads have stirrups or need them. I think that stirrups are not needed on RW camels, due to the different riding posture ( I certainly don't recall seeing pictures of them), and perhaps they are also not appropriate on some of the praxian beasts. For horses stirrups may not be the only solution - the shape of the saddle may also affect stability, even using thrusting spears. Apologies if this has alrady been covered by someone else and I've missed it. And its a pity about TOTRM - it will be sadly missed even if HW meets its publishing plans.