Jesus & replies to Allen

From: danny bourne <d.bourne_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 19:39:50 +0100

>And is Jesus B-grade coz he was crucified as a common criminal
>in his greatest quest?

Well, he is only one of the prophets of Allah. And just how much did he charge for a cupboard, anyway?

My unreliable views on Allen's parting note

Firstly, sorry you feel that you have to go, I find a lot of stuff on the digest pointless verbiage, but I also come across many a pearl of wisdom.

, but when Jane was unhappy because Vinga's powers, a cult central to her game in all probability, appeared to have been seriously cut back, she is accused of being a grognard, whatever the hell that means.

Grognard is a French Napoleonic term meaning grumbler - attributed to the Guards, no less.

But at the same time I think that Jane overreacted saying she'd ditch Glorantha because it wouldn't have Vinga the way she wants it, surely it can't be too difficult to ignore GAW (Glorantha as Written) & play it your way. I think everyoe would think I was a loon if I said right, I'm not going to play Hero Wars because The Black Horse Troop aren't the way I play them, being central to my Grazer campaign.

Why is it you will attack someonein defense of poor product support.

>From a psychological standpoint it's because people feel that to slight
their faourite game is also a slight against them. Eg if I say Spurs are crap (which they are) to a Spurs supporter, by extension they must be crap also - at least that's how the psychology works out.

Short narratives with resource lists following are much more useful, particularly public access resources. Some people are quite good about this, some aren't.

Some people like to only quote written sources verbatim, from the lips of GS, as it were...

The purpose of this, except for those who are in it for the buck, is to have fun, the Digest is about Egos.

Don't ask for my unreliable opinions on this one, I'm sure you'll be hearing from others.