Re: Internal vs External Chaos?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 03:09:15 +0100 (BST)

Simon Hibbs, il dit:
> I think many lunar citizens can justify the empire's use of
> chaos without themselves beign illuminated. Illumination removes your
> bias against chaos as at a personal level.

Exactly. Whilst few people would want, themselves, to experience being subjected to cluster bombs, a tax audit, or exposure to particulate plutonium, many people feel that their use on a wider level is a good thing, or at least a justifiable one.

> Chaos is dangerous because of the risk
> of personal annihilation, but if your chance at transcendence is lost or
> in jeopardy and you're trapped in the world then you might not care.

The line between "transcendent mystic experience" and "personal annihilation" is a fine one at the best of times, anyway.

Slainte,
Alex.